The Best Edible Recipe: How To Make Cannabutter – Cannabis Butter
In order to create great edible recipes, you must first master the basic building block of cannabis cooking: cannabutter aka cannabis butter
How would you like to be your very own master canna chef? Impress your friends, significant other, and make family gatherings fun and laid back again! You are in luck because we can help! Feel free to show off and share our weekly recipes on your social media! Spread the word so everyone can have a chance to become a master canna chef! Because we all deserve to be a super stoner!
First lesson is very important! Why? Because for any recipe that calls for butter you can use cannabutter as a substitute! Which results in quality, fun, stoner family time!
Here’s a little secret. THC and other cannabinoids are fat soluble which will dissolve in pure fat (butter), especially when you simmer it for at least 2 hours. This equals much love!
Ready to get started? Here’s what you need:
- Baking Sheet
- Parchment Paper
- Medium Pot
- Stirring utensil
- Cheese cloth
- Air-tight freezer safe container
- 1 pound of unsalted butter
- 3 cups of water
- 1 ounce of high grade cannabis
- Higher quality cannabis will create more potent cannabis butter
- Trimmings are okay but not as potent
- Decarb the cannabis: Preheat your over 240 degrees Fahrenheit. Cover baking sheet with parchment paper, place buds on parchment paper (prevent sticking), place baking sheet in oven, set timer for approx. 35-40 min, gently mix buds equally every 5-10 minutes
- Grind your cannabis until it is very fine (put your heart and soul into this)
- The more surface area the better
- In a medium size pot, bring 3 cups of water to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer
- Place your butter into the simmering water and let it melt completely
- Add cannabis to simmering water and butter solution
- Mix ingredients – no clusters and make sure that nothing sticks to the bottom of the pan. Mix with love.
- Once the cannabis has mixed completely with the butter, cover the mixture and let simmer for 1-2 hours
**Check the mixture periodically to ensure that it is slowly simmering, stir occasionally, the longer the better. We have pushed this to 3+ hours on very low heat with great success!
- After 2+ hours, remove from heat and let the solution stand for 2-5 minutes
- Stretch cheese cloth over an open bowl and pour the solution slowly over the cheese cloth allowing the liquid to pass through while the cannabis solids remain on top of the cheese cloth
- Allow the mixture to remain standing for 5-10 minutes to allow all of the liquid to drain from the cheese cloth
- When all of the liquid has been strained through the cheese cloth, discard the cheese cloth
**no need to worry – the THC has been transferred to the fat in the butter at this point**
- Place the bowl of cannabutter solution in your refrigerator for a couple of hours to allow the solution to cool. As it cools, the cannabutter will float and solidify on top of the water
- When the cannabutter has solidified, floating on the water, carefully remove it from the bowl
- Pat dry the cannabuter
- Place in an air-tight freezer safe container and place in the freezer, which will preserve the potency for a very long time
Time To Have Fun With This Recipe:
- You can now use this cannabutter in any recipe! ie.) muffins, cookies, brownies. *be cautious of potency*
Keep an eye out for our next great edible recipe! You don’t want to miss this one! It is perfect for your thanksgiving family gathering – this will be a gathering nobody will ever forget!
While you are waiting for our breath taking edible recipe, shop for your favorite 420 Mile High products today so you can share your appreciation and protest for its legalization.