Best Edibles Recipes: How to Make Texas Cannabis Cake
How To Make Texas Cannabis Cake
The most complimented dessert that I have ever made!
Be a Rock-star when you share this baked edible. Make it with or without cannabutter – your choice. Either way you will be your own legend. This recipe will always be talked about and never forgotten. Yummy! Let’s get started!
- Large mixing bowl
- Saucepan - x2
- Wooden spoon
- 17 ½ x 11 inch baking pan
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- ½ cup cannabis butter or 1 stick butter or margarine
- ½ cup shortening
- 1 cup strong brewed coffee (I prefer) or water
- ¼ cup dark, unsweetened cocoa
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup cannabutter or 1 stick butter or margarine
- 2 Tablespoons dark cocoa
- ¼ cup milk
- 3 ½ cups unsifted powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
If you don’t have buttermilk on hand – (I never do) – Substitute 2 teaspoons vinegar or lemon juice – (I use lemon juice) – Mix into ½ cup milk – (I use milk) -
Or use powdered buttermilk. Mix according to package direction.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour and the sugar
- In a heavy saucepan, combine butter, shortening, coffee or water and cocoa. Stir and heat to boiling
- Pour boiling mixture over the flour and sugar in the bowl. Add the buttermilk, eggs, baking soda and vanilla
- Mix well, using a wooden spoon or high speed on electric mixer
- Pour into a well buttered 17 ½ x 11-inch jelly roll pan
- Bake at 400 degree Fahrenheit for 20 minutes or until cake test done in the center
- While Texas cake bakes, prepare the frosting. In a saucepan, combine the butter, cocoa and milk. Stir and heat to boil.
- Mix in the powdered sugar and vanilla until frosting is smooth
- Pour warm frosting over cake as soon as you take it out of the oven. Let cake cool. Cut into square pieces
Add slightly more powdered sugar to make frosting thicker. Allow cake to cool and then pour frosting over the cake.
Ready To Serve!
Whether you serve your Texas cake up with vanilla bean ice cream, glass of milk/chocolate milk, or by itself. Be sure to chill and relax in your beanbag chair and favorite blanket from 420 Mile High!