Best Edibles Recipe: How to Make Key Lime Cannabis Pie
How To Make Key Lime Cannabis Pie
Yum, Yum, Yummy!
Be your own legend cannabis baker when you share this baked edible. Of course, any of our dessert blogs you can make with or without cannabutter – your choice. However, the choice with cannabis will make any gathering with friends and family spectacular! The key to this recipe is the crust. Cannabis butter is in the crust. Unless you want a cannabis free dessert than you can cheat with a premade crust. Get ready to place some elbow grease in this one – it’s worth it! Ready, set, let’s go!
- Large mixing bowl – x2
- Easy grip drinking glass (crush graham crackers)
- Wooden spoon
- Pie baking dish – x2
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- ½ cup butter, half cannabutter, melted
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 cans condensed milk
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 cup key lime juice
- Optional – fresh grated lime zest
Key Limes AKA West Indian or Mexican limes are more prevalent throughout the rest of the world than the USA. Key Limes are slightly yellow in color, contain more seeds, more aromatic, with tarter, and more floral juice.
You can substitute the key lime juice with a mixture of ½ cup fresh lemon juice and a ½ cup fresh lime juice. (I used 1 cup of fresh lime juice and still turned out amazing!)
- Heat oven 340 degrees Fahrenheit
- In a large bowl, crush the graham crackers by using an easy grip drinking glass
- Combine the graham cracker crumbs, butter(s) and sugar. Just beware of your cannabis strength.
- Press into a prepared buttered pan. Use another pie pan to help press the crust.
- Place pressed pie crust pan in oven and bake 5 minutes
- In a large bowl whisk together (I use an electric mixer for everything) condensed milk, eggs, sour cream and key lime juice.
- Mix until mixture is smooth.
- Fill pie pan and return to the oven for 5 more minutes.
- Allow pie to cool
- Chill for at least 2 hours – (keep refrigerated)
- Optional: sprinkle with grated lime zest before serving
Ready to Serve!
Whether you serve your Key Lime Cannabis Pie up with cool whip, vanilla bean ice cream, glass of milk/chocolate milk, or by itself. Be sure to chill and relax in your favorite stoner gear from 420 Mile High!